Image Map

Thursday, April 24, 2014

life lately...

It's been a LONG time since I have posted! And lots has happened. 
Anyone who lives in Michigan knows it was a long, cold and very very snowy winter. At times, it felt as if it would never end and we were going to be stuck in this cold mess forever. So there really wasn't much to update. We stayed inside because -20 wind chills is about 60 degrees too cold for me. Luke and I played, read books and patiently waited for daddy to come home every night. (thank goodness busy season is over!)
We were so sick of the cold and Rand was working so much that we decided to get out of town and head to warmer weather. My mom was also sick of the "polar vortex" so we planned a last minute trip to Florida. 

We must have been really desperate to want to ride for 20+ hours in a car with a toddler....
I was totally dreading the road trip, but to my surprise Luke was a champ! I packed lots of toys, games, books, snacks and the life-saving DVD player I borrowed from a friend at church and we were all set!  Look at how happy this kid is!
 We also stopped several times to allow him to stretch his legs and his favorite stop was at the Florida welcome center. Luke LOVED the 70 degree weather. I think he was a little confused to wake up and go from wearing a winter coat and boots to shorts and a t-shirt. 



The week ended up being rather cool and rainy (of course) but we were able to enjoy some time at the beach and Luke was VERY spoiled by his grammy. 

 




And while at the beach one day we met a little boy the EXACT same age as Luke! Oh, and they were from Michigan as well. RANDOM! Here they are playing nicely...


The weather around here is finally starting to (sort of) feel like spring, so we have been playing outside, going to the park and patiently waiting for summer. Luke is definitely an outdoors boy and loves to eat dirt. Yummy!



In other news...Luke is 18 months old today! Seriously, where did they year and a half go?!? And he is excited to announce that he will be a BIG BROTHER in October! (another reason why there haven't been many posts...I feel like CRAP!) HAPPY SPRING!




No comments:

Post a Comment